Skip to main content

Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy 5 inch Dual Core Phablet Unveiled in MWC


In this years Mobile World CongressAlcatel made few announcement but Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy is the most disappointing among all. Alcatel One Touch Fire with Firefox OS impressed all of us. Using minimum hardware they have showcased a beautiful piece of smartphone. ZTE also unveiled ZTE Open with similar hardware. Alcatel One Touch Idol X phablet is also very impressive. But Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy gets the JellyBean out of the box but dual core 1.2 GHz processor and 512 MB don’t sound impressive. Is it? I guess no. currently Indian market is flooded with similar specs. Now we see a trend where all manufacturers are using 1 GB RAM in their products. Dual core is okay but RAM needs to be 1 GB to to increase the degree of multitasking in the true sense of the term.


Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy flaunts 5 inch WVGA display, 4 GB ROM, HSDPA speed up to 7.2 Mbps, essential connectivity features, 5 MP camera, 2500 mAh battery. Only the 2500 mAh battery is impressive. Rest of the specs are at par. Oh yes, it gets magnetic sensor and Bluetooth v4.0. Do you like it?
Price and exact release date of Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy are unknown as of now. But the release date is some where round the corner as it’s releasing in the first quarter this year.

Comments

  1. BEWARE CONSUMERS! READ THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE THE PURCHASE!!!

    There is a known incompatibility of Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy with Car Chargers. This may be a different model but check first!

    It would have been nearly perfect. I made some research before I purchased this unit and it can be considered to have the best bang for the buck until I found this issue. Since it was just recently released, none much information can be found about the Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy. Even the Alcatel website doesn’t say anything about car charging for this unit.

    I have two different but standard Chargers in my Car: Elevo USB - Dual Ports and Pioneer Car Stereo USB Port. More than a dozen of other brands of PDAs and/or Cellphones have been charged and worked without issues (Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, LG, Sony-Ericsson, Apple, MyPhone, Cherry Mobile, etc.).

    I purchased the Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy last May 25, 2013 from MemoExpress SM MegaMall. All else is working excellently except that it won’t charge while in the Car. It charges using the Wall Charger or when just connected to a Computer. In the Car, when connected using the specific USB cable (we have tried several similar USB cables including two provided by Alcatel), the said unit shows the USB icon which indicates that it is connected but the lightning icon which indicates charging is missing (or would just show for few seconds then disappear). The Battery information via Settings also indicates that it’s not charging (it says “Not charging”). This issue has been going on since the unit has been purchased. Due to time constraints because of my busy schedule and the excellent Battery life of this PDA (the Battery lasts for 3days or more without charging), I wasn't able to immediately check further and report the issue. It was only when I got stuck in the traffic jam during one rainy day and was in need of charging the PDA that I was able to fully check and determine that there is really a compatibility issue.

    I have my friends and family members who travel with me once in a while. We have used and tried many different PDAs and Cellphones in my Car, using either the Elevo
    Charger or Pioneer Car Stereo. All of those worked flawlessly and charged without issues. This includes units from Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, LG, Sony-Ericsson, Apple, MyPhone, Cherry Mobile, etc. This only verifies and confirms that my Car Chargers are working without issues. THUS, YOU CANNOT SAY THAT MY CHARGERS ARE DEFECTIVE.

    I was only able to bring the Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy to where I bought it - MemoExpress Megamall Branch, two weeks after I bought it. Rodel/George of MemoExpress assisted me and helped verify/confirm the issue. Below are the things done at MemoExpress to isolate the issue:

    - Tested the unit using the Wall Charger - It's charging without issues
    - Tested the unit using another Car Charger with wires connected to a Power Adaptor - IT'S NOT CHARGING
    - Brought and connected several Alcatel units (different models) to my Car's USB Chargers for further testing:

    - Alcatel One touch Sapphire 2 - It's charging without issues
    - Alcatel One touch Glory 2 - It's charging without issues
    - Alcatel One touch Scribe Easy (Brand new - this is not the one I bought) - IT'S NOT CHARGING

    ReplyDelete
  2. * These things concretely verified and confirmed the incompatibility of the Alcatel One touch Scribe Easy with Car Chargers.

    I was later on referred to Cherry and was instructed to bring the unit to their Technical Team in Robinsons Pioneer.

    I brought the unit to their Technical Team in Robinsons Pioneer last Saturday, June 15, 2013; below are the things they've done:

    - Brought and connected the disputed Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy to my Car's USB Chargers for testing: Confirmed and verified that IT'S NOT CHARGING
    - Opened the unit to verify if tampered - they confirmed that it hasn't been tampered in any way

    * They haven't got any other means to test further. They don’t have a good service unit for me to use (they have a non-PDA which has no use for me; I have a spare Cellphone and I require a PDA).

    They said they will send the unit to Alcatel for further evaluation. Yesterday, Thursday, June 20, 2013, I was told that the unit charges using another charger. What the!?!? They just disregarded the facts we have previously established,
    verified and confirmed? THE ALCATEL ONE TOUCH SCRIBE EASY IS NOT DEFECTIVE, MY CAR CHARGERS ARE NOT DEFECTIVE – IT’S AN INCOMPATIBILITY ISSUE OF THE PDA WITH CERTAIN CAR CHARGERS! I WASN’T TOLD THAT THIS PDA IS SO SPECIAL THAT I SHOULD GET AN ALCATEL CAR CHARGER TO MAKE IT CHARGE IN THE CAR! I ASKED FOR IT BEFORE I MADE THE PURCHASE UNTIL THE FIRST TIME I COMPLAINED BUT NOBODY KNEW AND THEY HAVEN’T GOT ANY ALCATEL ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE!

    FACTS:
    - More than a dozen of other brands of PDAs and/or Cellphones are charging fine using my Car Chargers
    - Other models of Alcatel One Touch PDAs are charging fine using my Car Chargers
    - Two different units of the Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy are both NOT charging using my Car Chargers
    - All other features/functions of the Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy are working fine
    - Mobile Devices should charge while in the Car using standard USB Chargers – IF NOT, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD BEFORE I MADE THE PURCHASE! IT CAN’T EVEN BE FOUND IN THE USER’S MANUAL!
    - Alcatel Car Charger is not readily available Metro Manila Malls or the cost would defeat the purpose of buying the inexpensive Alcatel One touch Scribe Easy

    Why didn’t anybody knew that the Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy is very special and will need a special Car Charger? What made it worse? There’s no Alcatel Car Charger available!

    It’s already the end of the business day today, Friday, June 21, 2013…

    PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT I WAS MADE TO WAIT, MY EXPLANATIONS WERE IGNORED, NO RESOLUTION WAS GIVEN, NO GOOD/VALID EXPLANATIONS WERE SAID, THEIR FIX - I WAS PUSHED TO GET A MORE EXPENSIVE UNIT (NO OPTIONS WHATSOEVER WERE GIVEN). SO MUCH MORE THAN TIME HAD BEEN WASTED AND IN THE END? WE HAD TO AGREE TO JUST CANCEL THE PURCHASE AFTER ALL THE INCONVENIENCES AND WASTE OF RESOURCES. IT TOOK THEM A WEEK TO DETERMINE WHAT TO DO?!? AGAIN, THE UNIT IS NOT DEFECTIVE.

    WHAT A REALLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lava Iris 430 Dual core Android 4.0 smartphone coming soon

Lava Iris 430 is dual core powered smartphone. It has been showing on Lava Official Website.  It has 4.3-inch WVGA screen and is powered by 1GHz of dual core processor. The rear camera is of 5MP. This dual SIM handset could probably be priced under Rs. 8,000. There are two cameras, one placed on the rear side with a 5MP resolution and another on the front side of VGA resolution. The Lava Iris 430 is 10.55 mm thick. Battery is of 1500mAh capacity with around 4 hours of talktime and up to 390 hours standby time. As for as the Memory is concerned its 512MB RAM and 4GB internal storage with micro SD support. Other features are 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, 3.5mm jack, GPS and micro USB port. The specs seem low end the handset will be priced accordingly. The price tag is not known yet. Lava Iris 430 Specifications : Dual SIM with Dual Standby. 1GHz dual core processor. ICS OS. 4.3 inch capacitive multi touch screen with 800×480 pixels resolution (16M co...

Iocean X7 Spotted in the Wild

Iocean X7  or OuSheng X7 is spotted in the wild. This time images are pretty sharp and you should get the feeling that it’s a premium smartphone that is expected to be shipped in Indian market at an amazingly low price tag. According to  Gizchina  the droid could be priced 999 Yuan or $160 USD which means in India you can expect the phablet for as low as Rs 9000. Iocean also mentioned the same in their official mailer last week. Release date is not mentioned, but you can expect it by March. As I already mentioned in my previous post it sports 5 inch Full HD display at 441 ppi, 13 MP camera, quad core MediaTek MT6589 SoC, 2 GB RAM and of course Android 4.1 JellyBean out of the box. Do you need anything else in this budget? In China few lucky users are able to get their hands in to this lovely little piece of smartphone. Iocean is expected to ship review copies soon. But I haven’t received any official news from their end as of now.

Sony Xperia Z Launch in India on 6th March

The Sony flagship smartphone is on the way to India. With a teaser on it’s official Facebook Page, Sony Mobile has confirmed that Xperia Z will be launch on March 6th in Indian markets. There is not much information regarding the price of this smartphone, but rumours suggest that the price will be something similar to recently announced HTC Butterfly, which costs Rs. 45,500.